Skip to Content
Back to top
A $1.5 Trillion Crisis: Protecting Student Borrowers and Holding Student Loan Servicers Accountable
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 | 10:00 |
Printed Hearing 116-46.
Click here for the ARCHIVED WEBCAST of this hearing.
Click here for the Committee Memorandum.
- H.R. ____, the “Student Loan Servicing Reform and Consumer Protection Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Fair Credit Reporting for Student Loans Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Fair Student Loan Debt Collection Practices Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Private Loan Disability Discharge Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Ensuring Fair Legal Recourse for Private Student Loan Borrowers Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. 2833, the “CFPB Student Loan Integrity & Transparency Act”
- H.R. ____, the “Know Before You Owe Private Education Loan Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. ____, the “Promoting Homeownership and Community Investments by Student Borrowers Act” [DRAFT]
- H.R. 3511, the “Transform Student Debt to Home Equity Act”
- Seth Frotman, Executive Director, Student Borrower Protection Center
- Persis Yu, Staff Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Ashley Harrington, Senior Policy Counsel, Center for Responsible Lending
- Hasan Minhaj, Writer, Producer, and Host
- Jason Delisle, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
Webcast of the Hearing